The Greater St. Louis Area Council completed a Strategic Plan in 2006. It contains the vision, mission and priorities for the council. A key element in the success of the Strategic Plan will be keeping volunteers and staff focused on the priorities.
The acronym PRIME addresses the essential areas of the strategic plan:
P is for Programs elevating and enhancing quality.
R is for Resources growing capital and operating funds.
I is for Image increasing awareness of Scouting's positive impact on all.
M is for Membership growing units, members, and participants.
E is for Effectiveness developing high-performance teams of board members, staff, and volunteers.
The planning process started in November 2005 under the leadership of executive board member Kevin C. Eichner, president and chief executive officer of Enterprise Financial Services. Five study groups were organized:
- Membership, Outreach & Marketing -- Stephen O'Hara, executive board member
- Program, Properties & Technology -- Richard McClure, executive board member
- Leadership & Staffing -- W. Michael Ross, executive board member
- Financial Strength -- Hugh Scott III, executive board member
- Organizational Effectiveness -- Lori Lewis, vice president of organizational development at Enterprise Financial Services
The study groups spent a significant amount of time and effort on this project. The groups studied the councils organization and structure, summarized key findings and proposed recommended actions.
Download a Strategic Plan Summary
Organizational Effectiveness Survey
More than 1,000 adult volunteers, parents, board members, community leaders and council staff contributed to the Strategic Plan through a survey. It was conducted online and through the mail. Here are the results of the survey: