2014 THEME -- "Knights of the Roundtable"
*Camper saving day is March 3, 2014. Save $10 on camp registration fees by signing up your Scout early to attend day camp.
*There is also an additional $10 walk-in fee for any Scout who signs up the day of camp.
Parents and Leaders we will have a trading post at each day camp this year. Don't forget to send money with your Scout during camp! We will have something for EVERYONE!
New things for 2014 Day Camps
- Online registration will be made available in early January.
- New and improved crafts items.
- Variety of day camps to attend.
- Trading post at EACH day camp.
- Promotional materials will be mailed out to each Scout.
Promotional and registration materials were distributed at January district Roundtable meetings. Extra copies are available at a council service center or can be downloaded below.
**TIGER CUB SCOUT entering grade 1 in September 2014 may attend Day Camp as Tiger Cubs. Each Tiger Cub must be registered in the Boy Scouts of America and attend Day Camp with an adult partner. The Tiger Cub adult partner does not need to pay an additional fee.
Registration for Day Camps can be done either by individual families or by a "camp coordinator" from the pack. Check with your pack leadership to see if your son's pack is planning to attend a week of day camp. If so, the pack may register your son for you as part of a group and collect the payment from you. If the pack is not planning to attend, or your son can't go the week they have chosen, you may register him yourself and pay Greater St. Louis Area Council directly.
Packs are encouraged to select one individual to complete registration when several boys from the same pack plan to attend the same session of Day Camp.
Please note: Day Camps need volunteer adults to supervise Scouts while traveling between program areas. This is especially critical when a pack sends several boys the same week. We ask for one adult volunteer for the first three Scouts registered from your pack, and then another adult for each additional five boys. In other words, please strive to achieve the following ratio of adult volunteers to Scouts:
1-3 Scouts: 1 Adult Volunteer
4-8 Scouts: 2 Adult Volunteers
9-13 Scouts: 3 Adult Volunteers
14-18 Scouts: 4 Adult Volunteers
19-23 Scouts: 5 Adult Volunteers
24-28 Scouts: 6 Adult Volunteers
29-33 Scouts: 7 Adult Volunteers
2014 Day Camps Dates
Beaumont Scout Reservation
STEM Twilight Camp-Beaumont Scout Reservation-July 28- Aug 1
- Contact: Tom Kroenungfirstname.lastname@example.org
St. Ferdinand Park Camp- June 9-13-$65
Knights of Columbus Park Camp- July 7-11-$65
- Camp Director: Sue Lindstrom- email@example.com
St. Louis Community College-Florissant Valley Twilight Camp- July 21-24-$65
- Camp Director: Mark Hays-Mark.Hays@scouting.org
St. Ann Park Twilight Camp- June 9-13-$65
- Camp Director: Erika Bailey- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Camp Director: Rebecca Anderson-314-258-3517- email@example.com
St. Charles, Lincoln, and Warren County
Wentzville Rotary Park Twilight Camp- June 23-27-$60
McNair Day Camp-June 9-13-$60 (9:00AM-3:00PM)
- Camp Director: Vann Sample- firstname.lastname@example.org
Fort Zumwalt Park Twilight Camp- June 9-13-$60
- Camp Director: Becky Stroveremail@example.com
STEM Twilight Camp- Cottleville Knight of Columbus- June 9-13-$60
- Camp Director: John Hammerschmidfirstname.lastname@example.org
Lincoln County Knight of Columbus Twilight Camp-June 16-20-$60
- Camp Director: Kevin Gurlen- email@example.com
Busch Wildlife Shooting Sports Twilight Camp- June 16-20-$60
- Camp Director: Moriah Copeland- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Camp Director: Dave Huesman- email@example.com
Blackburn Day Camp- June 2-6 (9:00 AM-3:30 PM)-$65
Beaumont Shooting Sports Twilight Camp- June 16-20 (5:30PM-8:30PM)-$60
- Camp Director: mike Unterreiner- 314-918-0908- firstname.lastname@example.org
Millennium park Twilight Camp- July 14-18 ( 5:30PM-8:30PM)-$60
- Camp Director: Tracy Bolteemail@example.com
Kirkwood City Park Day Camp- July 21-25 ( 9:00AM-3:30PM)-$65
- Camp Director: Tim Trace- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Camp Director: Gerry Rechek- email@example.com
Gravois Trail Webelos Twilight Camp- June 9-13 (5:00PM- 8:30PM)-$60
Bee Tree Fishing Twilight Camp- June 24-26 ( 4:30PM-8:30PM)-$60
- Camp Director: Alexia Arensmeier
Simpson Park Shooting Sports Twilight Camp-July 8-10 (5:00PM-8:30PM)-$60
- Camp Director: Alexia Arensmeier
South City/ City of St. Louis
Forest Park Twilight Fishing Camp- June 16-19-$65
Tower Grove Twilight Camp- July 21-24
- Camp Director: Neil Smarkofirstname.lastname@example.org
Forest Park Twilight Camp- June 19-21 ( June 19-20 5:00 PM-8:00PM June 21 9:00AM-2:00PM)-$55
- Camp Director: Betsey McBride -314-457-8058- email@example.com-$65
- Camp Director: Kishia Bellfirstname.lastname@example.org
Arnold Elks Day Camp- June 16-20-$60
Crystal City/Festus Day Camp- July 7-11-$60
- Camp Director: Kim Rowdenemail@example.com
Herculaneum Shooting Sport Twilight Camp- July 21-23-$60
- Camp Director: Christa Huntfirstname.lastname@example.org
Northwest Twilight Camp- June 28-30-$55
- Camp Director: Mishell Gilbersemail@example.com
Washington Day Camp- June 23-27 (9:00AM- 2:00PM)-$65
Sullivan Twilight Camp-July 28- Aug 1 (5:30PM-9:00PM)-$65
- Camp Director: Betty Hrdlickafirstname.lastname@example.org
- Camp Director: Wanda Reevesemail@example.com
Southern Missouri/Southern Illinois
Pine Ridge Scout Day Camp- June 9-11-$50
St. Genevieve Day Camp- June 11-13 ( 8:00 AM-Noon)-$55
- Camp Director: Judy Akersfirstname.lastname@example.org
STEM Adam School- June 12-14-$65
- Camp Director: Matt Oliveremail@example.com
Perryville STEM Twilight Camp-June 19-21 (June 19-20 6:00PM-9:00PM June 21 9:00AM-3:00PM)-$60
- Camp Director: Kathleen Gaare-Wiesefirstname.lastname@example.org
Kennett Scout Hut Day Camp- TBA-$55
- Camp Director: Sherry Williams-573-517-2844- email@example.com
Chaffee Elks Park Day Camp- June 23-27 (Mon-Thurs 9:00AM-3:00PM Friday 4:00PM-8:00PM)-$60
- Camp Director: Shawn Sando-573-344-0077- firstname.lastname@example.org
Pine Ridge Scout Day Camp-June 26-28-$55
- Camp Director: Jenny Hamptonemail@example.com
Poplar Bluff Day Camp- July 8-11-$60
- Camp Director: Shawn Banksfirstname.lastname@example.org
Sikeston Elks Camp- TBA-$55
- Camp Director: Vickie Simpsonemail@example.com
Mineral Area College Twilight Camp-July7-11( 5:00PM-9:00PM)-$60
- Camp Director: Frank Masterson-Werewar@hotmail.com
Jackson City Day Camp- July 21-25 (9:00AM-3:00PM)-$60
- Camp Director: Gene Bannisterfirstname.lastname@example.org
Dexter City Park Twilight Camp- July 23-25-$55
- Camp Director: Mindy Sinningemail@example.com
- Camp Director: Tony Longfirstname.lastname@example.org
2014 Grizzly Camp
** New for Grizzly Camp- Before and After Care Provided at additional fees of $15 per morning/after session or $30 for both.
Session One-Tilles Day Camp- June 23-27 (9:00AM-3:30 PM)- "Superhero's in Training"
Session Two- Beaumont Scout Reservation- July 7-11 (9:00AM-3:30PM) "Land of the Lost"
Session Three- Beaumont Scout Reservation Cub World- July 14-18( 9:00AM-3:30PM)" Gross ology"
Camp will be a great summer break for your Cubs this summer. Cubs attend as individuals under the guidance of a paid staff. Although adult leadership will be addressed through the paid staff, parents are encouraged to participate with their sons for one day or the entire week. This is an opportunity to meet and interact with Cubs from all over the metropolitan area.
(Fill in personal address for detailed directions.)
Cost: The camp fee is $100 and includes a Grizzly Day Camp T-shirt, a patch, the week's camp program, and a hot lunch each day. 2014 we are also offering before and after care. Parents may drop off their child at 8:00AM and pick up at 4:30 for an additional fee of $15 per time slot. The parent has to the choice to participate in either before, after or both options.
Attendance is limited to 180 Cubs each week.
There is no means to accommodate Scouts arriving early or departing late. Camp begins at 9 a.m. and concludes at 3:30 p.m. each day. If parent chooses the option to participate in the before and after care drop off time is 8:00AM and pick up times are 4:30 PM. There will be a "late pick up fee of $1 for every minute parent is late picking child up from camp. Parents much sign up a day in advance for before/after care. Parents will not be able to drop off or pick up late without one day notification to camp director. This is to help prepare snacks or crafts.
No formal confirmation will be sent regarding receipt of payment. Families will get a welcome letter about two weeks before the start of camp. The letter will include your den assignment, tentative lunch menu, schedule, and other information.
Our intent is to place Scouts from the same home pack into the same Grizzly Camp den to help facilitate carpooling and general supervision.
Staff needed for camp!
Positions are available for archery, BB gun, nature, field sports, and walk-around den leaders and assistants. Salary begins at $150 per week or greater, depending on the desired position. Submit your completed application to Director of Activities Kim Coleman.
Health Form Part A and B.pdf