May 18, 2013
SCOUT AND SCOUTER FISHING DAY
Boats have to be: 1 Scout and 1 Scouter or
1 Scout and 1 Adult
Webelos, Boy Scouts, and Venturers
are invited to come enjoy a day of fishing on Nims Lake. Personal boats are permitted as long as trolling motors are used on the lake. Council canoes or rowboats will be available for use if requested. Everyone in a boat must be classified as a Swimmer according to the guidelines of the Boy Scouts of America and wear a PFD. All participants must complete and bring Parts A and B of the BSA Annual Health and Medical form which can be downloaded HERE.
Attendance prizes will be given. Coffee and donuts will be available Saturday morning. If you have any questions, please contact David Goddard at 314-368-6916. Please make reservations by Friday, April 26, 2013. Register online at:
Aquatics programs are the most popular for Scouts during the summer. Swimming, boating and sailing can be safely enjoyed by Scouts, parents and leaders with the proper training and preparation.
Scouts can enjoy swimming and boating during summer camp at Camp Lewallen, Pine Ridge Scout Camp and the S bar F Scout Ranch. Camp Lewallen and Camp May at Beaumont Scout Reservation also have swimming pools.
Canoeing is available to troops, crews and posts April 1 through Oct. 31 at S bar F Scout Ranch and Pine Ridge Scout Camp. The fee to rent a canoe is $5 per canoe per day.
Nims Lake Boating and Fishing Regulations:
- Safety Afloat Guidelines are required for boating.
- A reservation must be made at the council service center. Pay special attention to the Rule of Four.
- All persons between the ages of 16 and 64 must possess a current state license for fishing.
- Nims Lake was built for Scouts, and each leader fishing must have at least one Scout with him.
- Each person in watercraft (maximum 3) must be a swimmer and wear a personal flotation device (PFD) at all times.
- Live minnows are not allowed.
- Electric trolling motors only - no gas engines.
- Everyone must check in with the rangers and present the camp use permit.
- Fishing is a unit activity - not individual. Buddy boats are required - see Safety Afloat.
- All other camp rules are in effect.
- Violators will be asked to leave the property.