Training of adults and youth is very important to the success of Scouting. Adult training begins with Fast Start and Youth Protection Training. Leadership training awards are available for all trained leaders.
2013 Training Information
Boy Scout Leader Training
(four sessions and a weekend)
- 1 of 5 Training: Wednesday, April 10, 2013, 6:30 p.m., Windsor Intermediate Cafeteria
- 2 of 5 Training: Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 7:00 p.m., Windsor Intermediate Cafeteria
- 3 of 5 Training: Saturday, April 20, 2013, 8:00 a.m., Windsor Intermediate Cafeteria
- 4 of 5 Training: Wednesday, April 24, 2013, 7:00 p.m., Windsor Intermediate Cafeteria
- 5 of 5 Training (Intro to Outdoor Skills): weekend, May 3-5, 2013, Beaumont Scout Reservation
-- You must attend ALL sessions.
**The information above is the correct Boy Scout Leader Training information. The Duffle Bag information is incorrect. Please share this with any leaders who are taking the training.
-- "Youth Protection" is available online and must be taken before attending Boy Scout Leader Training. A printed certificate should be brought to training to be considered fully trained.**
-- Contact Lou Slinkard at email@example.com or 314-677-3716 for more information regarding Boy Scout Leader Training.
Cub Scout Leader Training
- Saturday, March 2, 2013, 8:00 a.m., Windsor Intermediate Cafeteria
-- Contact Fred Helferstay at SFHelferstay@yahoo.com or 636-296-9543 for more information regarding Cub Scout Leader Training.
- Spring Course - May 17-19, 2013, and May 31-June 2, 2013, Beaumont Scout Reservation
- Pre-Course - April 6, 2013
- Fall Course - Sept. 13-15, 2013, and Sept. 27-29, 2013, Pine Ridge Scout Camp
- Pre-Course - August 10, 2013
UNIT COMMISSIONER BASIC TRAINING
- New commissioners should complete basic training during their
first two months. To help all unit commissioners comply with this
recommendation, the council offers the following courses under the
direction of Roger Engelbart, assistant council commissioner for
training. Please make plans to attend.
The next commissioner trainings are on May 18, 2013 at the MacArthur Service Center (4568 West Pine Blvd. St. Louis, MO 63108).
- The next College of Commissioner Science, hosted by the Lewis and Clark Council, is tentatively scheduled for March 9, 2013, at Southern Illinois University-Edwardsville.
Den Chief Conference
Why A Den Chief Is Important To The Cub & Boy Scout Program:
The den chief is a key means of building relationships between the pack and
troop. The den chief regularly reminds the boys about Boy Scouts in a
positive way as he leads activities and shares his enthusiasm for
Scouting with Cub Scouts. His presence adds another important asset.
He can tell them about Boy Scouting, with its outdoor activities,
trips, summer camp, and opportunities for advancement. When it's time
for them to move up to a Webelos den or a Boy Scout troop, his
example and encouragement can help them decide to make that transition.
A den chief is a Boy Scout who assists a Cub Scout den leader or
Webelos den leader at den meetings, pack meetings, and other
events. He's a ready source of games, songs, skits, and skills, and he
encourages the boys in their advancement.
Do you have a Scout that needs a leadership position and wants to work with younger Scouts?
2013 Training calendar
26 - University of Scouting
2 - Map & Compass Training - Beaumont Scout Reservation
3 - Challenge Course and Climbing Recertification - Beaumont Scout Reservation
23 - Orienteering Festival
13 - Pioneering Kit Training - Beaumont Scout Reservation
13 - Tipi Training
4-5 - Challenge Course Training
4-5 - LOE for Cub Scout Leaders - Pine Ridge Scout Camp
18 - Commisioner's Training - MacArthur Service Center (4568 West Pine Blvd. St. Louis, MO 63108)
17-19 - Wood Badge Training - 1 of 2
22 - Rock Climbing Training
31-June 2 - Wood Badge Training - 2 of 2
9-15 - N.Y.L.T. (National Youth Leadership Training) - S-F Scout Ranch, Camp Sakima
16-22 - N.Y.L.T. (National Youth Leadership Training) - S-F Scout Ranch, Camp Sakima
7-13 - N.Y.L.T. (National Youth Leadership Training) - S-F Scout Ranch, Camp Sakima
14-20 - N.Y.L.T. (National Youth Leadership Training) - S-F Scout Ranch, Camp Sakima
21-27 - Venturing Pack and Paddle Course - S-F Scout Ranch, Camp Sakima (basecamp)
Every leader MUST be youth protection trained.