Visual Storytelling Workshop At Beaumont On May 3-5
The Boy Scouts of America's national photographers will host a regional workshop in St. Louis for individuals interested in developing skills that tell the story of Scouting through a multimedia presentation. During the weekend, you will:
- Develop interviewing techniques that elicit compelling responses from interviewees.
- Develop entry-level proficiency in using audio equipment to record interviews.
- Develop entry-level proficiency in audio and photo editing software.
- Post stories on social media outlets, including Facebook, Vimeo and YouTube.
- Practice what you have learned by presenting a 2 1/2-minute story of Scouting experiences while at the weekend (interviewing, audio recording, picture taking for storytelling, photo editing, etc.).
When, Where & Cost:
- Deep knowledge and/or passion for photography, equipment and techniques (emerging skilled amateur, minimum).
- Basic working knowledge of the Scouting program.
- Ability to share your skills and talents at your local council and teach participants Scouts and Scouters in a storytelling workshop in your area.
- Familiarity with social media outlets Facebook, Vimeo or YouTube.
- Be a registered Scouter.
The workshop begins at 7 p.m. on Friday, May 3, and
concludes at 4 p.m. on Sunday, May 5, at Beaumont Scout Reservation in
High Ridge, Mo.
Fee for the weekend is $50, which includes workshop space, meals
and snacks. Camping and hotel accommodations (approximately five miles
away) are available for the weekend. On-site
cabins may be available if interest develops. Attendees are
expected to bring their own cameras, drives, cards, computer, photo
software, slide-show software and personal gear.
After completing the Storytelling Workshop, attendees
will be able -- and encouraged -- to take the next step and conduct a
workshop for adult volunteers and Scouts at the local-council level.
Teaching Scouts and Scouters to record, edit and share memorable
Scouting stories through social media assist in recruiting and
telling the message of the Scouting program.
For more information contact Bruce Levitt at 314-348-3577 or BruceALevitt@gmail.com
.CLICK HERE FOR ONLINE REGISTRATION
A balanced group of participants from throughout our region is desired. To ensure this, paid or accepted participants will be notified by April 1.