JEWISH RELATIONSHIPS COMMITTEE
ANNUAL GOOD TURN 2014
Calling all Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts and Venturers:
PLEASE NOTE: The
Jewish Relationships Committee Annual Good Turn will be May 25, 2014 -
we will again be assisting the Jewish War Veterans in placing flags on
the graves of Jewish War Veterans at 7 Jewish cemeteries. We will
assemble at 7 a.m. for a light breakfast at the Jewish Federation Building,
located at 12 Millstone Campus Drive off Schuetz Road. While
pre-registration is not required, we would encourage you to let us know
approximate numbers from your unit so that the Jewish War Veterans can
plan for breakfast. Please see the attached flyer. To speed up the
registration process please print a copy of the registration form and
fill it out before you arrive. For more information, contact Earl Binder (firstname.lastname@example.org 314.537.7675).
Scout Sabbath 2014
Come join us for Scout Sabbath. Youth and adults receiving Jewish Scouting emblems will be recognized.
When: Friday, Feb. 7, 2014 at 6 p.m.
Where: United Hebrew Congregation, 13788 Conway Rd., St. Louis, MO 63141
For information, please contact Earl Binder, Jewish Relationships Committee Chairman, at 314-537-7675 or email@example.com.
Photograph by Bruce A. Levitt
Jewish Relationships Committee
The Jewish Relationships Committee serves to maintain an open relationship, to assist in fulfilling the Scouting needs of Jewish institutions, and to meet the religious needs of Scouts and leaders of the Jewish faith.
The Committee will work with unit and district leaders in providing youth of the Jewish faith an opportunity to experience Scouting while maintaining their religious convictions. Adults will work with youth in earning their religious awards. The Shofar Award will be used to recognize outstanding efforts by adult leaders on behalf of youth of the Jewish faith. Representatives of all branches of Judaism will be involved to insure broad coverage of the Jewish community.
The committee also will,
- Provide Jewish services as requested by camporee and encampment committees (Jewish services are arranged through the Staff Advisor to the Committee).
- Encourage Cub Scouts, Scouts, and Explorers of the Jewish faith to work toward the earning of the Jewish religious awards.
- Review applications and select recipients for the Shofar Award. Shofar Awards will be presented during Scouting Anniversary Month (February).
- Encourage the extension of the Scouting program to potential Jewish institutions.
- Annually communicate with Rabbis of synagogues and temples in order to maintain cooperation with religious leaders.
Contact:Earl R. Binder,Chairman, Jewish Relationships CommitteeGreater St. Louis Area Council, B.S.A.firstname.lastname@example.org