10 Ways to Use Facebook for Recruiting
Tens of millions of adults use Facebook to keep in touch with friends and family members. During the past year, hundreds of adult volunteer Scout leaders joined Facebook and use it to keep connected with other leaders and parents.
If you are on Facebook and have not used it to build a stronger Scouting community, here are 10 ways you can do so:
- Show your friends you're involved in Scouting
- Share the fun you've had during Scouting activities
- Promote planned Scouting activities
- Post photographs of fun Scouting activities
- Talk about your satisfaction with Scouting in your unit, training courses, camps or other programs
- Join Facebook groups in your community and spread the word about Scouting. For example, join your elementary school's Facebook page and promote School Night to Join Scouting and other events
- Promote your School Night to Join Scouting date
- Share your School Night to Join Scouting success stories and how youth and adults can still sign up if they missed the event
- Shine the spotlight on your new Tiger Cub dens, parents who will lead the dens and how they're getting started
- Educate and encourage new parents and leaders to visit Scouting websites and subscribe to e-newsletters.
Become one of the thousands of fans of the Greater St. Louis Area Council or the Boy Scouts of America on Facebook.