The Family Friends of Scouting campaign is conducted each year to give every Scouting family an opportunity to learn about and financially support the programs and services of the Greater St. Louis Area Council.
In 2013, Scout families donated more that $789,016 to this important campaign. Every unit should support Friends of Scouting, because every unit benefits from the monies raised.
Please review the 2014 Family Friends of Scouting Brochure and the Friends of Scouting video at right.
What does Friends of Scouting provide?
- Local programs and activities throughout the council territory
- Camp scholarships, uniforms and registration fees for youths who otherwise could not participate
- Four Scout service centers that coordinate Scouting activities and provide customer service to member.
- Accident and liability insurance to protect both youth and adult members
- Professional staff who counsel, guide and inspire volunteer leadership
- Camps and facilities available for year-round camping and Cub Scout family outdoor events
- Opportunities to attend summer camp and high-adventure events
- Advancement programs where Scouts are recognized for learning and making progress on goals they set and attain
- Literature and training-material development and distribution
- A hiking-trail system on and off the council's property
- Leadership training for young people who will become future community leaders